Monday 30 March 2015

The Spine Election Podcast Episode 1

This took longer than it should and I'm not convinced that I shouldn't have ditched the idea. My voice is utterly buggered and some parts of this aren't the best but are simply the best not punctuated by coughing fits. I've been wanting to do a podcast for a while, after the great Elberry suggested I give it a try. Typically, the time I thought I would do it is first time I've ever caught a viral throat infection. So, please be kind. I might do more. This might go down as one of my noble failures. If I were feeling better, I'd be bright, funnier, and lest liable to rushing, which I do throughout this. It's a bloody miracle I could record anything. I'm currently coughing on every other breath.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had something interesting to say but as I don't I'll just say I enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen. Just to know that one person listened and enjoy it is enough to make me want to do more. Hopefully, next time I won't feel so ill and my voice won't be so completely buggered. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyable and witty, but you obviously believe a lot of things that the MSM tell you (yet another disagreement I have with you – oh, woe!). Perhaps you ought to enlighten yourself a bit more about the “racism” and xenophobia that is laid at the feet of UKIP by the shovel-load by the mainstream media, who are truly scared of them (hence the lies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Well, I think I know why you think I believe the MSM but that's really not the case. I've never been swayed by public or media opinion in my entire life and my political views tend to be based on simply reading/watching a lot of politics. You also have to distinguish my quips from my real thoughts (my UKIP line was spur of the moment and unthinking). UKIP don't actually concern me too much. I don't really see them as a 'far right' party, hence the reason I think they appeal to many ex-Labour voters (or around here they seem to do just that). Anyway, Tory election actually posters bother me more than UKIPs at the moment. I think UKIP's appeal is obvious and the immigration issue is one of the lesser appeals for many voters I've spoken to. Farage has a character bigger than the bland politicos and I think UKIP embodies a certain attitude towards politics that we've not had since Blair introduced the New Politics with his spin doctors, possibly even going back before Thatcher and her Saatchi campaigns. A return to that kind of politics is appeal to a lot of people, even if they're not people drawn to the immigration debate, which is difficult and sometimes toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just caught it - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete