Thursday 2 January 2014

1st January: Piers Morgan

My New Year resolution is to draw more caricatures, so I've set myself the target of drawing at least one a day, usually last thing at night. Since I'm drawing these when I'm usually falling asleep in front of the TV, I have to draw them very quickly before unconsciousness falls. That means they'll be noticeably rough, sometimes unfinished, and if I'm going to be honest about posting the actual results of each day's effort, sometimes barely sketched, ugly, and even monstrous. This is more of an intellectual exercise I'm setting myself but I think the results should be amusing, even if that means amusing in a bad way.

The result of day one is my version of Piers Morgan facing Brett Lee in the Melbourne nets. I couldn't draw broken ribs so I did the next best thing. Having watched the over, I'm surprised he got away with broken ribs.

PiersMorgan

No comments:

Post a Comment