Tuesday 4 June 2013

Random Thoughts


  • I still haven’t any new work to post here. I’ve finished writing an article which I just dispatched to The Guardian’s 'Comment is Free' inbox. If I don’t hear anything today, I’ll post it here tomorrow.

  • My Frank Lampard piece generated a ridiculous amount from Lagos, Nigeria. There seems to be a very high concentration of Lampard fans in Nigeria, information that Frank can surely use when marketing his next book. Frankie’s Yam Export Business? I don’t know. I’m just passing on the facts and offering suggestions.

  • I had some good news last Saturday. I’d previously posted about the difficulty/cost of getting to the STEADman@77 exhibition at the Cartoon Museum in London for those of us with the misfortune of living in the North. The curator, Anita O'Brien, contacted me to say that the exhibition will be touring and will be at The Artworks in Halifax from early/mid October to December. Okay, it’s not Liverpool or Manchester as I’d hoped and prayed and I’m not entirely sure if or how I could get over to Yorkshire but at least it’s getting closer.

  • I hate the summer. It’s now getting far too hot so I’m going to crawl into the darkest coolest corner and try to draw some cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment