Friday 6 February 2015

Cough, Cough, Splutter...




Damn, my luck never changes. Today I'm feeling properly rotten! Sore throat, shivery, weak, aching... I guess I've come down with a cold, which is too quick for it to be from the hospital yesterday so was obviously a surprise gift from the woman who sneezed over me at the Post Office two days ago. I had something better than this almost written for today but I'm not in a fit state to finish it. Instead, here's a cartoon I drew last night and for which I can't think of a better caption. Mark this one down as a cartoon that doesn't quite work...

Yesterday was strange. My experience of the NHS is that when you expect them to do something, they do nothing. When you expect them to do nothing, they do something. We expected nothing but my sister's appointment lasted nearly half an hour. Turns out that after waiting six months for test results, we now have to wait again. The local GP had botched two samples six months ago and one hadn't arrived at the labs and the other was in the wrong container. So, we now have to start again. The positive was that we actually had a sympathetic consultant who gave a fairly broad indication of what the problem might be. Of course, with the NHS there is now a high chance that when we go to the next appointment, we won't see the same doctor and the whole thing will have to start from scratch.

I'm really delighted that a couple of you have already made use of the Amazon search box. I really can't thank you enough. It's a fantastic way of helping support the blog and my work without donating or costing you anything that you wouldn't have already spent at Amazon. Of course, anything already in your basket doesn't get credited as a referral, but if you click on the Amazon link before you begin your shopping, the small percentage of the referral fee will help me immensely. So, if I could also encourage you to buy extremely reasonable items like Organic Baeri Sturgeon Caviar from Pyrenees and an extremely tasteful Allurez 4.31ct 18k Two-tone Rose Gold GIA Certified Oval Shape Natural Fancy Pink Diamond Ring, that would be wonderful and would actually give me a small crumb of comfort as I sit here trying to work despite this raging throat and aching bones. Simply type 'Organic Baeri Sturgeon Caviar' or 'Allurez 4.31ct 18k Two-tone Rose Gold' into the box in the top right corner and let Amazon do the rest.

Okay. I need hot lemon and chicken soup. Did I mention that I feel rotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment